Monday, October 11, 2010

National Baptist Conference in Barquisimeto, Venezuela/Conferencia Nacional Bautista en Barquisimeto, Venezuela

Today I flew all day to get to Venezuela for the National Baptist Conference.  This is my second year coming to preach!  I arrived in Caracas at 3:00 pm and after an hour with immigration and customs I went to the domestic flights to catch a flight to Barquisimeto, one of the biggest cities in Venezuela.  I missed the 4:00 flight so I had to wait until the 7:30 flight, which would arrive at 8:15.  From there I was to be taken straight to church to preach the second sermon.  Well, my flight was delayed and I arrived close to 9:00.  When Pastor Ramos picked me up he told me the people were still waiting and were going to sing until I got there.  I couldn't believe it!  I made it to the church close to 9:30 and went up to preach.  Those dear people waited and were so sweet in the reception they gave me.  The crowd was incredible!  There are several hundreds attending the conference with more coming tomorrow.  After the sermon the altar was packed with so many people making decisions.  Praise the Lord for His grace!

Hoy viaje todo el dia para llegar a Venezuela para la Conferencia Nacional Bautista.  ¡Este es mi segundo año viniendo a predicar!  Llegue a Caracas a las 3:00 pm y despues de una hora con migracion y aduana fui a los viajes nacionales para tomar mi vuelo a Barquisimeto, una de las ciudades mas grandes de Venezuela.  Perdi el vuelo de las 4:00 asi que tuve que esperar al vuelo de las 7:30, que llegaria a las 8:15.  De ahi seria llevado directo a la iglesia para predicar el segundo mensaje.  Bueno, mi vuelo se atrazo y llegue casi a las 9:00.  Cuando el Pastor Ramos me recogio me dijo que la gente estaba todavia esperando y que iban a seguir cantando hasta que yo llegara.  ¡No lo pude creer!  Llegue a la iglesia casi a las 9:30 y subi a predicar.  Esos hermanos queridos esperaron y fueron tan dulces en la recepcion que me dieron.  ¡La multitud fue increible!  Hay cientos asistiendo a la conferencia con mas llegando mañana.  Despues del sermon el altar estaba lleno con muchas personas haciendo decisiones.  ¡Gloria a Dios por Su gracia!

No comments:

Post a Comment