Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Birthday Celebration/Celebracion de Cumpleaños

This past Sunday my church people surprised me with a birthday celebration.  I discovered America on October 26, 1963!  After the service, our church had a big celebration with food and lots of fellowship.  The church people also gave me many gifts including this beautiful frame with the world map and Matthew 28:19 written on it with letters made of rocks!  My people with the help of my lovely wife got this for me!  Our church knows how mission minded I am and they wanted me to have something in my office that would remind me of the need the world has to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Thank you IBF for the gift, and most of all for your love throughout the years.  I am very honored to be called your Pastor!

Este pasado Domingo la gente de mi iglesia me sorprendieron con una celebracion de cumpleaños.  ¡Yo descubri a America el 26 de octubre de 1963!  Despues del servicio, nuestra iglesia tuvo una celebracion bien grande con comida y mucho compañerismo.  ¡La gente de la iglesia tambien me dieron muchos regalos incluyendo este hermoso cuadro del mapa del mundo con Mateo 28:19 escrito en el con letras hechas de roca!  ¡Mi gente con la ayuda de mi amada esposa me dieron esto!  Nuestra iglesia sabe la mente misionera que tengo y ellos querian que yo tuviera algo en mi oficina que me recordara de la necesidad que tiene el mundo de escuchar el evangelio de Jesucristo.  Gracias IBF por el regalo y sobre todo por el amor a traves de los años.  ¡Me siento honrado de poder ser llamado su Pastor!

No comments:

Post a Comment