Monday, April 18, 2011

Lunch with one of my dorm guys and his family/Almuerzo con unos de mis muchachos del dormitorio y su familia

A few weeks ago, Adam Freed and his family spent some time with my wife and I eating lunch together.  Adam was one of the dorm guys in Texas Baptist College when I was the Dean of Men.  Mrs. Freed and I worked together on the staff at Longview Baptist Temple.  She was one of the church secretaries and played the piano for our Spanish Soul-winning meeting on Thursday nights.  My wife and I chaperoned a few dates for them when they were dating back in college.  What a blessing to see them again after so many years and this time with their children!  We had a great time catching up on lost time.  It is such a blessing to me to see the guys God allowed me to influence still serving the Lord!

Adam & Stephanie Freed with Alexender and Sidney and My wife and I
Adam y Stephanie Freed con Alexander y Sidnye y mi esposa y yo

Alexander Daniel and me
Alexander Daniel y yo

My wife and I with Alexander and Sidney
Mi esposa y yo con Alexander y Sidney
Unas semanas atras, Adam Freed y su familia pasaron tiempo conmigo y mi esposa almorzando juntos.  Adam fue uno de los muchachos del dormitorio en el Colegio Bautista de Texas cuando yo fui el Decano de los Hombres.  La Hna. Freed y yo trabajamos juntos en el personal del Templo Bautista de Longview.  Ella fue una de las secretarias de la iglesia y toco el piano para nuestra reunion de ganar almas los jueves en la noche.  Mi esposa y yo los acompañamos en unas cuantas citas cuando ellos eran novios en el colegio.  ¡Que bendicion fue verlos otra vez despues de tanto años y esta vez con sus hijos!  Tuvimos un tiempo tremendo recuperando tiempo perdido.  ¡Es una bendicion para mi ver a los muchachos que Dios me permitio influenciar todavia sirviendo al Señor!

No comments:

Post a Comment