Friday, September 23, 2011

Preaching in Roma, TX/Predicando en Roma, TX

On Thursday, September 15, I flew to McAllen, TX.  Pastor Jorge Briones, from the Bible Baptist Church in Roma, TX came to pick me up.  I preached a two night missions’ conference in his church.  We had a tremendous time and the Lord really motivated this congregation to give more to missions.  Before I left, Pastor Briones took me to a spot on a hill near the church where I could see across the Rio Grande into the Mexican border and the city of Miguel Alemán.
The bridge from Texas into Mexico
El puente de Texas a Mexico

The city of Miguel Aleman
La ciudad de Miguel Aleman

The Rio Grande from the hill in Roma, TX
El Rio Grande desde la colina en Roma, TX

El jueves, 15 de septiembre, volé a McAllen, TX.  El Pastor Jorge Briones, de la Iglesia Bíblica Bautista de Roma, TX vino a recogerme.  Prediqué una conferencia de misiones de dos noches en su iglesia.  Tuvimos un tiempo tremendo y el Señor verdaderamente motivó a esta congregación a dar más para misiones.  Antes de irme, el Pastor Briones me llevó a una colina cerca de la iglesia donde pude ver al cruzar del Río Grande la frontera de México a la ciudad de Miguel Alemán.

No comments:

Post a Comment