Friday, October 28, 2011

Preaching in Asheboro, NC/Predicando en Asheboro, NC

Last Wednesday night was my birthday and since I traveled with my wife I decided to stay an extra day to spend it with her.  Well, we decided to take Tuesday to do some sight seeing and we went to Mount Airy, NC, home of famous actor Andy Griffith and we were able to see some of the memorabilia from the Andy Griffith show.  (For pictures go to my wife’s blog – www.robertaortiz.blogspot.com.)  The reason for going on Tuesday was because, when one of my friends in the ministry found out I was going to be in town, he talked to his pastor and he asked me to preach for him on Wednesday for his Christian school chapel at 11:30 am and for his Wednesday night Bible study.  I had the honor to preach for Pastor Jon Shook from the Bailey’s Grove Baptist Church in Asheboro, NC.  Brother Ricky Rosario is the Spanish Pastor there and he is the one who coordinated for me to be there that day.  Obviously, I was very happy to do so and what an honor for me to preach in such a great church.  I also spoke for his Sunday school teachers and workers in their meeting before the service.  I preached the sermon “Spiritual Sacrifices.”  Many used the altar making decisions for God.  Pastor Shook and his family along with Brother Ricky Rosario, his wife and his parents and my wife and I were able to spend some time together for lunch at Brother Ricky’s parents’ house and enjoyed a delicious puertorrican meal.
Preaching at Bailey's Grove Baptist Church
Predicando en la Iglesia Bautista Bailey's Grove
Preaching at the Christian school
Predicando en la escuela Cristiana
Eating lunch with Pastor Shook, his family and Brother Ricky Rosario
Almorzando con el Pastor Shook, su familia y el Hermano Ricky Rosario
El miércoles pasado fue mi cumpleaños y como yo viajé con mi esposa decidí quedarme un día extra para pasarlo con ella.  Bueno, decidimos tomar el martes para irnos de paseo y fuimos a Mount Airy, NC, hogar del famoso actor Andy Griffith y pudimos ver algunos de los recuerdos del programa de Andy Griffith.  (Para más fotos vaya al blog de mi esposa – www.robertaortiz.blogspot.com.) La razón porque fuimos el martes fue porque, cuando uno de mis amigos en el ministerio supo que yo iba a estar en el pueblo, él habló con su pastor y él me pidió que predicara para él en su capilla de la escuela Cristiana a las 11:30 am y para su estudio Bíblico del miércoles en la noche.  Tuve el honor de predicar para el Pastor Jon Shook de la Iglesia Bautista Bailey’s Grove en Asheboro, NC.  El hermano Ricky Rosario es el Pastor hispano ahí y él fue el que coordinó para que yo predicara ese día.  Obviamente, yo estuve bien contento de hacerlo y que honor para mi predicar en tan gran iglesia.  También le hablé a los maestros y obreros de la escuela dominical en su reunión antes del servicio.  Prediqué el sermón “Sacrificios Espirituales.”  Muchos usaron el altar haciendo decisiones para Dios.  El Pastor Shook y su familia junto con el Hermano Ricky, su esposa y sus padres y mi esposa y yo pudimos pasar un poco de tiempo juntos para el almuerzo en la casa de los padres del Hermano Ricky y disfrutamos una deliciosa comida puertorriqueña.

No comments:

Post a Comment