Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Family Conference in Greensboro, NC/Conferencia de la Familia en Greensboro, NC

I went to Greensboro, NC this past Monday and Tuesday to be with my good friend, Pastor Albert Lopez.  Pastor Lopez and I grew up in the same church in Levittown, Puerto Rico.  Every year, for four years now, I have preached a Family Conference in his church, The Open Door Baptist Church.  He has been pastoring that church for 14 years and has built one of the most solid churches in the nation that I know.  He has a strong youth department with over 100 teens.  They average over 400 in Sunday school attendance every week!  It was my privilege to be with him and his people and several pastors and churches from the area were represented in the conference.  They also celebrated my birthday while I was there.  His people surprised me with a suit, three shirts and 4 ties.  Their Rondalla even sang to me their traditional Mexican birthday song with the boys wearing mariachi hats.  Thank you Open Door Baptist Church and Pastor Lopez for making my birthday special!

Fui a Greensboro, NC este pasado Lunes y Martes para estar con mi buen amigo, Pastor Alberto Lopez.  El Pastor Lopez y yo crecimos juntos en la misma iglesia en Levittown, Puert Rico.  Cada año, por cuatro años ya, he predicado una Conferencia de la Familia en su iglesia, La Iglesia Bautista Puerta Abierta.  El ha estado pastoreando la iglesia por 14 años y ha edificado una de las iglesias mas solidas de la nacion que conozco.  El tiene un departamento de jovenes con mas de 100 jovenes.  ¡Ellos tienen mas de 400 en asistencia en la escuela dominical cada semana!  Fue mi privilegio estar con el y su gente y varios pastores y varias iglesias estuvieron representados en la conferencia.  Ellos tambien me celebraron el cumpleaños mientras estuve ahi.  Su gente me sorprendio con un traje, tres camisas y cuatro corbatas.  Su Rondalla aun me cantaron su cancion tradicional Mexicana de cumpleaños con los muchachos usando sombreros de mariachi.  ¡Gracias Iglesia Bautista Puerta Abierta y Pastor Lopez por hacer mi cumpleaños especial!

No comments:

Post a Comment