Thursday, October 28, 2010

Friends of a life time/Amigos de la vida

While I was in Greensboro, NC this week I had the opportunity to catch up with a friend from my childhood.  Angel Diaz also grew up in Levittown, Puerto Rico and attended the First Baptist Church of Levittown, pastored by Dr. Hernan Cortes, who went to Heaven a year ago (October 25, 2009).  Angel was a great influence in my life while I attended Hyles-Anderson College.  The last time I saw Angel was in 1984.  He surprised me with a phone call not too long ago.  One of our missionaries on deputation gave him my number.  I'm so glad he called.  Come to find, out Angel lives in Greenville, SC, only 2 1/2 hours away from where I was preaching.  He came Monday night to the service.  We were able to have a meal together and remember old times!  Praise God for the influence of good friends while you are growing up!


Mientras estuve en Greensboro, NC esta semana tuve la oportunidad de encontrarme con un amigo de la infancia.  Angel Diaz tambien crecio en Levittown, Puerto Rico y asistio a la Primera Iglesia Bautista de Levittown, pastoreada por el Dr. Hernan Cortes, quien se fue al Cielo un año atras (Octubre 25, 2009).  Angel fue una gran influencia en mi vida mientras yo asisti el Colegio de Hyles-Anderson.  La ultima vez que yo vi a Angel fue en el 1984.  El me sorprendio con una llamada telefonica no mucho tiempo atras.  Uno de nuestros misioneros en deputacion le dio mi numero.  Estoy tan contento que llamo.  Cuando vine a ver Angel vive en Greenville, SC, solo a 2 1/2 horas de donde yo estaba predicando.  El vino al servicio del lunes en la noche.  ¡Pudimos comer juntos y recordar viejos tiempos!   ¡Gloria a Dios por la influencia de buenos amigos mientras uno esta creciendo!

No comments:

Post a Comment