Saturday, June 18, 2011

Preaching in Greensboro, North Carolina/Predicando en Greensboro, Carolina del Norte

This past Thursday I flew from DFW airport to Greensboro, North Carolina to be with my good friend from childhood and Pastor of the Open Door Baptist Church, Pastor Albert López.  I preached his 3rd Annual Southeast Youth Conference.  I spoke along with Pastor Dani Motta from the Liberty Baptist Church in Durham, North Carolina and Pastor Ricardo Rosario from the Bailey’s Grove Baptist Church in Ashboro, North Carolina.  The theme of the conference was a military theme – “Soldiers for Christ.”  We had a great attendance and many decisions were made including several who surrendered to full-time Christian service.  I praise the Lord for the way He is using Pastor López.  Pastor López and I come from the same home church in Levittown, Puerto Rico.  He came to our church in 1982 when I was a freshman in Bible college.  He said I was his biggest influence and yet I didn’t know that until now.  You just never know who you are influencing today!  Not only that, but I was Pastor Motta’s pastor in Puerto Rico when I pastored my first church in Fajardo, Puerto Rico.  Pastor Motta was called to preach at Pastors’ School in Hammond, Indiana on a trip that I took 21 people from our church.  That’s not all, I also had the privilege of influencing Pastor Rosario to serve the Lord full time.  At a point in his life when his father was about to lose him, I invited Pastor Rosario to a youth camp and in that camp he got right with God and surrendered to serve the Lord.  His life was transformed for the Lord!  What a joy it was for me to share the pulpit with these men.  It makes it all worth it!  Let’s keep on keeping on because we never know what our influence is doing for generations to come.  Just think of all the people that have been reached and lives that have been transformed because of the way the Lord is using these men.  I thank God for the honor He has given me to help some people along my journey.  Thank you Jesus for loving me so much and for using me for your Glory and Honor!  I love you, Lord!
Pastor Albert Lopez, myself, Pastor Ricardo Rosario and Pastor Dani Motta
El Pastor Alberto Lopez, yo, el Pastor Ricardo Rosario y el Pastor Dani Motta

Military decorations for the conference
Decoraciones militares para la conferencia

The young poeple's Rondalla
La Rondalla de jovenes
Este pasado jueves volé del aeropuerto de DFW a Greensboro, Carolina del Norte para estar con mi buen amigo de la infancia y el Pastor de la Iglesia Bautista Puerta Abierta, el Pastor Alberto López.  Prediqué su 3ra Conferencia Anual de Jóvenes del Sureste.  Prediqué junto con el Pastor Dani Motta de la Iglesia Bautista Libertad en Durham, Carolina del Norte y con el Pastor Ricardo Rosario de la Iglesia Bautista Bailey’s Grove en Ashboro Carolina del Norte.  El tema de la conferencia fue un tema militar – “Soldados Para Cristo.”  Tuvimos una gran asistencia y muchas decisiones fueron hechas incluyendo a varios que rindieron sus vidas al tiempo completo en el servicio Cristiano.  Alabo al Señor por la manera que El está usando al Pastor López.  El Pastor López y yo venimos de la misma iglesia natal en Levittown, Puerto Rico.  El vino a nuestra iglesia en el 1982 cuando yo estaba en mi primer año de colegio Bíblico.  El dijo que yo fui su más grande influencia y sin embargo yo no lo sabía hasta hoy.  ¡Uno nunca sabe a quien está influenciando hoy!  No sólo eso, pero yo fui el Pastor del Pastor Motta en Puerto Rico cuando tuve mi primer pastorado en Fajardo, Puerto Rico.  El Pator Motta fue llamado a predicar en la Escuela de Pastores en Hammond, Indiana cuando yo llevé un grupo de 21 personas de nuestra iglesia.  Eso no es todo, yo también tuve el privilegio de influenciar al Pastor Rosario a que sirviera al Señor tiempo completo.  En un punto de su vida cuando su papá estaba por perderlo, yo invité al Pastor Rosario a un campamento de jóvenes y en ese campammento el arregló su vida con Dios y se rindió a servir al Señor.  ¡Su vida fue transformada para el Señor!  Que gozo fue compartir el púlpito con estos hombres.  ¡Hace que todo valga la pena!  Vamos a continuar continuando porque no sabemos lo que nuestra influencia está haciendo para las generaciones que vienen.  Sólo piensa en todas las personas que han sido alcanzadas y vidas que han sido transformadas por la manera que el Señor está usando a estos hombres.  Yo le doy gracias a Dios por el honor que El me ha dado de ayudar a algunas personas en mi jornada.  ¡Gracias Jesús por amarme tanto y por usarme para Tu Gloria y Honra!  ¡Te amo, Señor!

No comments:

Post a Comment