Thursday, August 11, 2011

Missionary Trip to El Salvador/Viaje Misionero al Salvador

On Wednesday, August 3, I was picked up by my assitant, Bro. Kelly Daniel at home and headed to DFW airport for me to catch a plane to Miami, FL and then take my flight to San Salvador, El Salvador.  I was scheduled to preach there for one of our missionaries, Bro. Henry González, Pastor of the Independent Baptist Church in Santa Ana, El Salvador.  He and his family have been there for 14 years as missionaries.  What a great job they are doing!  Well, I lost my flight to El Salvador because my flight from DFW had mechanical problems.  I ended up arriving in El Salvador that night after 6:00 pm which was too late for me to make to the service that night.  I was picked up by two of Bro. Henry’s men and they kindly took me to have a bite to eat and then to the hotel where I was to stay.  The conference was a great success with many people pledging to give to missions.  The crowd was tremendous and the conference ended with a banquet on Friday night.  There were 8 other pastors who attended the conference, some of them missionaries also to either El Salvador or Guatemala.  Bro. Angel López and his family attended also, another one of our missionaries, and like always it is always a blessing to see our missionaries in conferences where I preach and share a few days and moments with them.  Enjoy the photos!
Pastors who attended the conference
Pastores que asistieron a la conferencia

Daniel Gonzalez working the soud system
Daniel Gonzalez trabajando el sistema de sonido


Thursday night service
El servicio del jueves en la noche

Friday night at the banquet
El viernes en la noche en el banquete


The Gonzalez Family
La Familia Gonzalez


The Lopez Family
La Familia Lopez

El miércoles, 3 de agosto, fui recogido por mi asistente, el Hno. Kelly Daniel en mi casa y salimos para el aeropuerto DFW para yo tomar un avión a Miami, FL y luego tomar mi vuelo hacia San Salvador, El Salvador.  Yo estaba programado para predicar ahí para uno de nuestros misioneros, el Hno. Henry González, Pastor de la Iglesia Bautista Independiente de Santa Ana, El Salvador. El y su familia han estado ahí por 14 años como misioneros.  ¡Qué gran trabajo están haciendo!  Bueno, perdí mi vuelo al Salvador porque mi vuelo de DFW tuvo problemas mecánicos.  Terminé llegando al Salvador esa noche después de las 6:00 pm lo cual era demasiado tarde para yo llegar al servicio esa noche.  Fui recogido por dos de los hombres del Hno. Henry y ellos amablemente me llevaron a comer algo y luego al hotel donde me iba a hospedar.  La conferencia fue un gran éxito con muchas personas prometiendo dar a misiones.  La asistencia fue tremenda y la conferencia terminó con un banquete el viernes en la noche.  Hubo 8 pastores que asistieron a la conferencia, algunos entre ellos misioneros ya sea al Salvador o Guatemala. El Hno. Angel López y su familia asistieron, otro de nuestros misioneros, y como siempre es una bendición ver a nuestros misioneros en conferencias donde yo predico y compartir con ellos unos días y unos momentos.  ¡Disfruten las fotos!

No comments:

Post a Comment